Friday, June 6, 2008

Music compositon on a computer

I haven't dabble with music composition for a while. And I just came across "Tube It" - a homemade song made by Renetto of YouTube fame.




The video was made entirely with a Mac with the built-in iSight and the music composed/made using GarageBand.

So it made me remember some of the tools that the PC world has too. Like Sony's Acid Pro or PGMusic's Band-in-a-Box. Seems like music is converging to Loops.. ha ha

It'll be interesting to see what the new Band-in-A-Box version 2008.5 can produce... I've seen the 2004 version and was quite impressed by the software. Now many years later, I'm sure there are lots of new features to keep everyone happy.

I've done one "loopy" piece which I called "PurePlay", it's more like a short medley.

boomp3.com

No comments: