Tuesday, April 15, 2008

New IPOD Touch - now for VoIP ? (or not?)

Hello IPOD Touch owners,

Recently some of my good friends got me an 8-gb IPOD Touch for my birthday. I started to wonder if the music playing device can do much more - like doing voice notes or even Voice over IP (eg. like Skype). Then I realise that the IPOD Touch does not have a Microphone built-in like the IPhone. As I was searching around the web, I come across a group of hackers who have successfully mass produced Mic dongle that fits into the IPOD docking socket... very cool. http://touchmods.wordpress.com/
As you can see from their website, they even have software that would allow your IPOD Touch to interface to SIPs and hence about to do VoIP calls.

As I did more research.. I've discovered a EVEN better method of VoIP WITHOUT the need of the Microphone. And it will work great for folks in Singapore. I'll detail this out in my next article once I've perform sufficient tests - so stay tune!!

3 comments:

Deals US said...

Hi

We love iPods/iPhone

thank you.



[Cheap iPod Touch | Cheap iPod Classic | Cheap iPod Nano | Cheap iPod Shuffle]

Anonymous said...

this is the most horrible phone on the market. I had it for 2 days. its slick, aerodynamic design makes it slide out of your hand and because there are no buttons you do not know what number you press. so texting and emialing is an agony. it can assure you miss type (also, it opens each mail intstead of deleting when you command) and u will keep charging it every two days. after all this bs and the hype about this phone u still have to register to an wi-fi network. so you will not get it ready to roll immediately.
at least the Google phone also has a "mouse", keypad (so u do not guess), easier to hold, and shows webpages as they are on you PC. plus a little cheaper too and has faster internet access. its camera just as fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting, I have often wondered this myself for my free ipod touch